Our bodies, like a warrior, fight and even win battles against various diseases and infections almost everyday. Its able to do this because of the immune system. This immune system has to work all day all time so that we remain healthy. But still we fall ill. In this hell of a busy life, no one can afford to be ill for even a day. Often, we compromise with our desires just because we don’t want to fall ill. For instance, now when the season is changing, we won’t take risk of having an ice cream with the fear of catching cold or having a sore throat. Compromising is always difficult so why not go for an easy and effective solution instead?
Today’s blog is completely on how you can improve your immune system and live your life with no fear of falling ill again!
10 WAYS TO BOOST YOUR IMMUNITY
1. EAT RIGHT.
Building immunity against diseases begin with the food you eat. Basically, food is everything when it comes to health and wellness.
- Eat A Balanced Meal : Eat everything from grains to meats to vegetarian proteins.
- Have seasonal fruits on daily basis.
- Minimize the intake of junk foods.
- AMLA OR INDIAN GOSSEBERRY: Vitamin C makes anti-bodies that fight infections. That’s why it’s the most vital to boost immune system. It would be surprising for you to know that 1 Amla contains as much Vitamin C as that contained in 20 Oranges. Amla is consumed in many forms viz. Juice, Pickle or Raw.
2. COUNT ON HERBS AND SPICES.
Spices and Herbs are meant to improve immunity and prevent illnesses from developing.
- GILOY JUICE: Also known as Heartleaf Moonseed or Amrita which means the root of immortality. It helps remove toxins, purify blood and fight bad bacteria. Add 1 tablespoon (tbsp) of giloy powder or juice in 1 glass of lukewarm water and have it on an empty stomach in the morning.
- APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: It helps in tummy problems, cures hiccups, soothes a sore throat, lowers cholesterol, prevents indigestion, aids in weight loss and boosts your energy. We guess that these much benefits would be enough to convince you to have this spice at your home all the time from now. But, it has to be of a reputed brand only.
- ASHWAGANDHA (INDIAN GINSENG OR WINTER CHERRY): Add 1 tbsp. powder in hot milk or in water and drink it everyday 1 hour before going to your bed.
Yoga teaches us the art of living. It heals from within. It makes your body toned, flexible, strong and healthy. If you ask how can yoga affect the immune system? One simple answer is that regular practice of yoga delays aging and helps maintain the core strength.
4. REGULAR EXERCISE.
Not many are aware about the efficacy of physical activity in boosting immunity. Exercise literally means any physical activity. When you exercise or simply walk for a few minutes, your body creates anti-bodies. It makes the white blood cells move faster in the body which helps in quicker detection of infections.
5. ADEQUATE VITAMIN D aka SUNLIGHT.
Yet another overlooked factor that affects the immune system to a large extent is vitamin D levels in the body. According to Center Of Disease Control, adequate vitamin D could enhance the immune response of the body. Vitamin D is found in a very few foods and rarely is available directly from the nature. But soaking in the sun for about 10-15 minutes daily would trigger the formation of vitamin D in your body through some natural process.
6. DE-STRESS TO BOOST IMMUNITY.
Stress may have a very long term effect on the body. Stress releases many hormones which slow down the immune system. So, stay away from whatever that may be stressful for you. Learn the skill of “LET GO”. You may try walking bare foot on plush grass, it calms down the nerves. Apart from that, some nice and sweet aromas are also a great stimuli for de-stressing.
7. WATER, WHAT ELSE?
Drink enough (4-5 liters) water every day to naturally detox the body.
8. KEEP AWAY YOUR ANTIBIOTICS.
They are designed to cure illness quickly and help in faster recovery. However, in reality, it impacts the immune system. Taking too much antibiotics suppresses immunity and natural resistance of the body.
9. SAY NO TO SMOKING AND DRINKING.
We thinks it’s needless to detail out the toxic effects of smoking and drinking. You all must already be knowing how deadly these are.
10. ENJOY A GOOD SLEEP.
Having a sound sleep for a good 6-8 hours is one of the best ways to boost immunity. During your sleep, the immune system regulates the normal mechanisms of body.
All the above ways are simple and directly deal with your core strengths and balance. It’s not advisable to completely give up some things or completely transform yourself into being who you not really are. Life is in the balance between the odds and evens. Problems are like weeds which should only be uprooted and not just trimmed. Hence, try to find the solutions in the core of the problems. That way you won’t have to deal with same things again and again.